2020 Board of Directors Elections – Candidate Information
Following last month’s Call for Applications for new positions on the SOAP Board of Directors (BOD), we received a record number of fantastic applications. These are exciting times!
From these applications, the SOAP Ad Hoc Nominating Committee selected 4 applicants for each of the 3 Director positions, offering you, our membership, the opportunity to vote for the candidate that you feel will best represent you and SOAP’s mission.
- The list of candidates, along with their CV, photo and statement of interest, is displayed below (in alphabetical order).
- As of June 11th, you will be able to view a short 3-4 minutes video, that each candidate will have prepared in support of their election
- The electronic voting is open now and will conclude on July 1st, 2020 at 12AM PDT – please vote! If you are a current, voting member of SOAP, you would have a received an email with the voting information on June 2, 2020. If you did not, please reach out to email@example.com.
- On July 2nd, 2020, SOAP’s newly elected Directors will begin their 3-year term on the BOD.
Information about the Director Positions (3 positions available)
- The Directors are 3-year positions elected by the membership. Directors do not need prior SOAP BOD experience and may, in some circumstances, end their 3-year term early to run for an alternative BOD position.
- There are 3 Director positions available in 2020, each with different eligibility requirements:
- from community practice
- from academic practice
- less than 15 years out from training
- The responsibility of the Directors will be to attend BOD meetings and run several high-level projects each as members of various BOD Committees.